Curating a literary festival of national significance, is exceptionally rewarding. We are lucky to have the support of a strong and diverse team that work behind the scenes to make this day one that has firmly entrenched itself on South Africa’s literary calendar. For this incredible team we are extremely grateful.
The Kingsmead Book Fair programme was curated and crafted by a strong team of literary enthusiasts who worked tirelessly to ensure a diverse and dynamic programme. We thank Ann Leith, acclaimed international author Yewande Omotoso, the Sunday Times’s Michele Magwood, journalist, author and lover of books Corinne Rosmarin, communications maven Motlatsi Motseoile and 702’s Andiswa Makanda. Corinne Rosmarin also curated the Kingsmead Book Fair Children’s and Young Adult Programmes.
Our heart lies in the difference we make to encouraging the love of literature in young South Africans. Praise goes to the Kingsmead Book Fair Social Responsibility Team headed by Janet Kohler, for sorting, packing and distributing the previously loved books from the “Book Drive” and enabling those less fortunate to attend the Kingsmead Book Fair.
We thank Kingsmead College Head of Service, Jenny Venter, for working with the Kingsmead student volunteers on the day.
Immense gratitude to:
- Standard Bank – Wealth and Investment’s Shaun Kotwal, 702’s Alastair Teeling-Smith, Porcupine Ridge’s Marc Kent and Timberland’s Moosa Yousoef Mayet;
- Kerry Nagel of Pink Peppercorn for logistics and event management;
- Nick Schilperoort and Kim Podmore at Xfacta for our fabulous marketing campaign;
- Sarah Gurney (Pomegranite) for our wonderful website and social media campaign;
- Brenda Caplen for our interactive and brilliant App
- The Webtickets team, led by Chris Stylianou and Kaylan Mawa
- Kingsmead’s Human Resource Manager, Bridgit Miller, for organising the venue co-ordinators for the day;
- Our tireless travel agent, Carol Eedes (Alphabet Travel) for the seamless booking of flights and accommodation;
- Amanda Fleming and Brunah Thalo and their team of parents, for the dashing décor;
- Leigh Jackman and Justin Schweizer, from Exclusive Books, for the pop-up shop and for ordering the stash of books;
- Tania O’Maker and Jackie Quinn, for your support with the logistics of the Children’s Programme;
- Kingsmead’s facilities manager Geraldine Church and Cyril Mitchley for all the work from you and your teams;
- Palesa Mpeke in the Marketing Department;
- Syrex Intranets for IT support;
- and Maureen Ellis for an impeccable JOC report;
- Derek Hird and Vicky Rondina for the endless stream of payments in accounts.
- Our signature event would not be possible without the unwavering support of the Head of College, Lisa Kaplan, Head of the Junior School, Kim Lowman, Chair of Council, Nhlanganiso Mkwanazi and Chair of the PTA, Rizwana Bawa.
Thanks to you, the visitor, for making this event the success that is has become by immersing yourselves in the day.