KINGSMEAD COLLEGE SOCIETY LOTTERY NO. 00218/1
Dear Parents, Staff and Kingsmead girls
As part of the PTA’s ongoing efforts to raise funds for the benefit of our school and pupils we have decided that instead of a Golf Day this year we would do something different and so are very excited to announce the launch of our first Society Lottery, registered with the National Lottery Commission, which enables us to raffle high value prizes to our Kingsmead community and the public.
Our Car Raffle Tickets will be sold at R250.00 each and the winner will become the proud owner of a brand new Titanium Silver Kia Picanto 1.0 LS Man, featuring an MP3 radio, safety film, central locking and an electric sun- roof which would retail for just over R158 000!
With our ever rising fuel costs, this is the perfect economical little “run around” for all ages!
The proceeds of this raffle will go towards financing the purchase of a large school bus which has been on our wish list for some years now and will cost in the region of R1 500 000.
Ticket sales commence at the Kingsmead Book Fair on Saturday 21 May 2016 where the Kia will be on display. Entries close on 8 October 2016 and the draw will take place at our Kingsmead College Goodwill Day. (Please see our Lottery Terms and Conditions attached)
With your support we look forward to this being our biggest fundraising event for the year.
KINGSMEAD PTA 2016
Chairperson: Lee Baylis (mobile 083 776 5283), Treasurer: Justine Tindle (mobile 082 330 1361)
Kingsmead College Society Lottery Terms and Conditions:
- All people entering this lottery (the entrants) agree that the lottery rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them
- The Organiser of this lottery is the Kingsmead PTA. (Society Lottery Registration Number: 00218/1)
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions before entering into this lottery
Rules of the Lottery:
- Each ticket costs R250.00.
- The prize is a Kia Picanto 1.0 LS Man valued at R158 342.99.
- Net proceeds from this lottery will go towards funding the purchase of a new school bus.
- The prize is not transferable for cash or to any other party.
- The Lottery is managed by the Kingsmead College Parent Teacher Association under Mrs Justine Tindle (PTA Treasurer).
- Ticket sales will run from 21 May 2016 to 8 October 2016 and are open to all entrants over the age of 16 years, excluding the, directors of Kingsmead College, the members of the Kingsmead College PTA Car Raffle Committee, employees of Kia Motors Weltevreden and their respective spouses and children.
- To participate, the entrant must purchase their ticket within the specified sales dates and provide correct and complete personal contact details, as required.
- Entrants will be issued with a pre-numbered ticket once payment has been received by the Kingsmead College PTA. (Parents of Kingsmead College pupils may purchase their tickets on account).
- Entrant names and tickets issued will be recorded on a register.
- A duplicate number of each ticket issued will be placed in a ballot box and a random draw from all qualifying entrants will take place on 8 October 2016 at Kingsmead College, 132 Oxford Road, Melrose, Johannesburg
- The winner will be announced after the draw and will be contacted by email
- There will be one winner for this lottery scheme
- The winner will be required to present their original ticket reflecting the corresponding winning number drawn when collecting the prize.
- Kingsmead College would like to photograph the winner and publish the photograph in the Kingsmead College Newsletter as well as other relevant media as decided by Kingsmead College. If the prize winner does not wish to be photographed, Kingsmead College acknowledges the prize winner’s right to choose not to have their photograph taken and published
- If the prize winner has given his/her written consent, Kingsmead College has the right to publish the winner’s name and photograph (at no fee) in any advertising, promotional, print or public relations material. The nature of these publications will be determined at the sole discretion of Kingsmead College, for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of the lottery draw.
- Unless Kingsmead College has been negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner, Kingsmead College, its committee members, members, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services is not liable in any way for any direct or indirect loss or damage because of an entrant or prize winner’s participation in the lottery.
- If Kingsmead College cannot continue with the lottery for any reason beyond its reasonable control or if it is required by any regulatory terms or applicable law, Kingsmead College may end or alter the terms of the lottery on condition that no winner has been determined and reasonable notice has been given beforehand to all entrants. Such notice will be posted on the same location as the terms and conditions.
- If the lottery is ended as set out in 17 above, no entrant will have any claim of any nature whatsoever against Kingsmead College, unless Kingsmead College has been negligent or intended to act in a fraudulent manner.
- Kingsmead College is not obliged to award more than the defined prize.
- Kingsmead College will not be liable for any defects or damage to the prize. The winner must refer to the applicable supplier/manufacturer warranty for replacement or repair of the item. Where it is clearly stipulated in the terms and conditions a) that a third party is responsible to supply the prize awarded by Kingsmead College b) that a prize will be supplied by a third party, Kingsmead College will not be liable if such third party fails to comply.
- The prize will not be exchanged for cash amounts or for any prize other than the prize offered in this competition;
- The prize may be replaced by another prize of the same commercial value if the original prize is not available for any reason beyond Kingsmead College’s reasonable control.
- Once the prize has been handed over in terms of these rules, the results of the lottery draw are final in all respects and no correspondence will be allowed.
- Amendments to the Terms and Conditions:
24.1 Kingsmead College is entitled to amend the terms and conditions thereof in so far as same is deemed necessary and such amendments may relate to any aspect of such lottery;
24.2 The amendments may include the addition and or deletion of any existing and or proposed terms and conditions of the competition, which amendments may also affect the identified prize money of such lottery;
24.3 The proposed amendments may be effected prior to the starting date of the competition and during the campaign period, which amendments may result in the campaign period being reduced and or extended as deemed necessary.
- The Kingsmead College PTA Raffle committee comprises of the following members:
Mrs Lee Baylis
Mrs Justine Tindle
Mrs Lucy Brickhill
Mrs Louise Whittacker
Mrs Rizwana Bawa